December 14, 2017
The recently released, Transforming the Early Education Workforce: A Multimedia Guidebook, from New America’s Early & Elementary Education Policy team is an interactive space aimed at making the report’s takeaway messages easily digestible.
This guidebook was created as a supplement to the National Academies’ report, Transforming the Workforce for Children from Birth Through Age 8. It includes key messages, discussion questions, summaries, quotes and five newly produced videos that showcase professional learning programs around the United States. Additionally, you can find a collection of other videos and interactive tools in the multimedia guidebook.
You can find the full Transforming the Early Education Workforce: A Multimedia Guidebook here.
Find summaries of the report's chapters 3-11 below:
- The Interaction of Biology and Environment
- Child Development and Early Learning
- The Importance of Continuity for Children Birth Through Age 8
- Educational Practices
- Knowledge and Competencies
- Factors That Contribute to Quality Professional Practice
- Higher Education and Professional Learning
- Qualification Requirements, Evaluation Systems, and Quality Assurance Systems
- Status and Well-Being of the Workforce
Find out more about what is inside the guidebook via New America's blog post.