Standards for ECD Parenting Programmes takes a deeper looking into the interventions or services which aim to support parenting interactions, behaviors, knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, and practices. The document guides practitioners through a set of standards for parenting programs. Nine standards are presented including:
- Supporting nurturing care because it contributes to holistic child development;
- Build on a theory of change that leads to the desired results;
- Tailor content to the child's developmental stage;
- Serve vulnerable children and their families;
- Involve all parents and key caregivers engaged in the function of parenting;
- Adapt to context and culture and build upon positive parenting practices;
- Engage trained workforce and service providers;
- Reflect continuous improvements through systematic monitoring and evaluation.
This resource is particularly targeted to low and middle income count ires.