Inclusive early childhood education environment self-reflection tool
Inclusive early childhood education environment self-reflection tool was developed in order to identify, analyze and promote the main characteristics of quality Inclusive early Childhood Education for all children. This tool was designed to address the need for professionals and staff in early years settings to reflect on their inclusiveness.
The tool consists of eight sets of questions, which address the following aspects of inclusion:
- Overall welcoming atmosphere
- flexibly and according to the needs of the user, setting or organization.
- Inclusive social environment
- Child-centred approach
- Child-friendly physical environment
- Materials for all children
- Opportunities for communication for all
- Inclusive teaching and learning environment
- Family-friendly environment
The questions presented in this tool are designed to be used flexibly and according to the needs of the user, setting or organization.